About Endnote Web
What is it?
Endnote Web is an online citation manager that helps you to collect and manage a library of citations and output them in any of over 5000 bibliographic formats. You can input groups of references from databases or add them in one at a time. Your Endnote Web library is fully searchable, can be organized into groups, and can be shared with other researchers. By downloading the "Cite While You Write" plug-in for Microsoft Word, you can access your library and instantaneously format your bibliography as you write your paper.
Creating an Endnote Web account
There are a couple of options for creating an EndNote Web account. (Right click on the links to open in a new tab.)
1. Go to the EndNote Web log-in page and click on the "Sign Up" for an account link.
2. Click on the Web of Knowledge link from the library's databases list, then choose “My EndNote Web” along top bar, and Register. Once you have registered, you will be taken back to Web of Knowledge. Once again choose "My Endnote Web", agree to terms, and you will be taken to your new account.
· Note 1: You do not need to use a Northern email address to create an EndNote web account. Once the account is set up, you will be able to use the email address and password to access EndNote Web.
Note 2: Users must revalidate their accounts at least once a year by logging in from on-campus.
*Off-campus workaround for active students, faculty & staff:
- If you are unable to come to campus, but are still active with Northern - student, faculty, staff - log onto Web of Science using your NSU barcode/password.
- Use the "Sign In" option (NOT "My EndNote Web") on the top left using your EndNote Web username & password. This should reset your account for another year.
Where to get help
From within EndNote Web, click on “Help” in the top right corner of the screen to access a wide variety of tutorials and helpful topic pages.